Inktober 2018?

so hello people!
I've talked about my creative side on this blog a few times, and the thing is, as I might have told you I haven't really been acting on it. And the worst is that I KNOW that I'm a better me and happier when I'm doing art.

So, why not participate in something like the inktober challenge to inspire me to continue, and I've been doodling those last few days and I did a technique/style that I really liked! so I might do that and finally finish my suuuuper old sketchbook, since today s the first day of October I'll post one today but then I think I'll just post at the end of the week or just at the end of the challenge, I don't know yet.

so now I'll take you along with me now, first the supplies. for this first one, I'll stick to Stadler fine liners and Faber Castell pens.
so next step inspiration, I'll see what the prompts are, maybe I'll stick to them. "poisonous" is the first prompt...

soo let's talk about it now

critiques: I wanted to leave that sticky poison white first and I kink it might have looked better but idk. that one leg going out of the fame bothers me. and maybe more dimension on underneath the hin, like put more shadow on it. I also planned to have that whole left sided with those stingy things but decided not to. the other one I made with the same technique had a lot more detail and it was a lot better, so if I stay in this style I might do it with more of those "cells".

what I like: well I like the contrast that ended up happening with the poison and the delicate lines of the figure,  the pose I also like although the right leg is a bit weird there in the air, with the perspective I had before it looked better. I'm pretty okay with it actually. I'm excited
for tomorrow :)

what do you think about my first try at inktober? what do you like? and improvements I should do for the next one?
Will you participate in the inktober challenge?




Comments

Popular Posts